Blood:Water Mission
Compassion International
International Justice Mission

Friday, September 29, 2006

Blog fart

I don't know if it was something I fed it, or if I said something wrong, but my blog farted at me this morning. It was quite upsetting, as the entire front page was demolished before my sad, sad eyes. The left side-bar: partially there. The right side-bar: nothing. The posts: gobbeldy-gook and random HTML anf Blogger coding. What happened, I do not have a clue. I I did was go in to twek a post, adding bold to two words. Two words! I republish, and whammo: trash. Due to my semi-brilliant skills at web design (and some handy partial backups) I was able to quickly get the blog readable again within about five minutes. Then I spent the morning in one long meeting and, at lunch, finished fixing the rest. I still don't think it all came out like it was before - just doen't feel right to me - but its close enough to run with. From now on, I keep a full copy of my template backed up daily.

On another note, I've been wondering about RSS feeds. I like to watch the traffic hit my sight (the Blogflux Mapstats on the right) and see where people are coming in from. But RSS is a bit more subtle. I don't know who may be subscribing to my RSS feed, if anyone, but I'm curious if what I went through the trouble to set up is being used at all. If you are a feedreader, now's your chance to step forward and tell the world why you feed rather than surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. Be nice, and it'll stay. Be mean, and it'll go.