Blood:Water Mission
Compassion International
International Justice Mission

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Serious question

And I would actually like some serious answers. I know, it's tempting to be sarcastic; but please keep it serious.

Situation: A person you are around a lot (say a co-worker who maybe sits near you) drinks several drinks throughout the day. When the drink is almost empty, there is a slurping sound from the straw - admittedly an annoying sound. With the drink empty, the moment is over.

Response: What, if anything, do you do?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

After several agonizing moments, I have determined that I am unable to give a response free of sarcasm.

I beg forgiveness.

euphrony said...

I understand, Cach. It is a situation that begs to be laughed at; unfortunately, it is not a laughing matter.

I'll explain more later, after I hear from some other people.

Douglas said...

Nickname the person "slurpee" or something like that for a week. Other than trying to make light of it to draw attention to it, I don't know. Of course, things that I would think are funny are often not considered so by other folks, so the best bet is to come up with your own way of making light of the situation. Honestly, though, that sound never bothered me. Is it as annoying as fingernails on a chalkboard to you/others. Hearing that always makes me want to run to a far side of the building and hide under a pile of pillows.

MB

Anne said...

Nothing.

Anne said...

Most things bother us because WE allow them to.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. Be nice, and it'll stay. Be mean, and it'll go.