Blood:Water Mission
Compassion International
International Justice Mission

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

This is my life

Baby Blues

This is my life. I signed up for it; I just didn't realize all that it would entail (not that I'm complaining, mind you, I love my kids to pieces). Rather than talking big issues or art with friends, I talk about how Lil'E has started snorting when she laughs or how Liler'E goes into vapor lock when he really gets to screaming. I do have adult conversations, sometimes, and not just about work. Really.

Note the change in wardrobe in the above comic strip. Even the drinks go from "adult" drinks to ones with little umbrellas.

Tags:
, ,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Anna and I standing in a circle with three other couples, just small-talking...suddenly, we all realized simultaneously that we were all rocking back-and-forth, as if we were holding our infants. It was pretty hilarious.
By the way, I've linked you on my blog. I enjoy reading your stuff.
Paul J.

euphrony said...

Oh, yeah, I'm all over that rocking back and forth right now. Baby or no baby in my arms, I find myself rocking. It's a learned behavior.

FancyPants said...

I love those little umbrellas!

euphrony said...

But FancyPants, you don't have any kids. Don't you know you're supposed to be a serious adult, now :~) I know, I know - it's hard with Seth around. I'm sure that in the near future, you will no longer have a chance for such simple adult differences, so enjoy them now.

Take, for example, a recent meal I had with Lil'E at Chick-fil-A: a random man complimented me on how well I played Strawberry Shortcake. That's right, I was sitting in Chick-fil-A, eating and playing dolls with my daughter, completely unselfconsciously.

This is my life! And thank's for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Just the other day I ran into some guys at lunch and started describing to them the system that we have for our four year old to learn to "listen the first time". After about three minutes I realized they really didn't care...

euphrony said...

Brody, is it a good system? We could use advice on that.

Oh, there I go again.

Anonymous said...

It seems to be working....

We put marbles in a jar, and when he obeys the first time, we give him a marble, if not we take one out....

then throughout the day the amount of marbles = privileges.

1= play outside
2= get his guitar back
4= ect

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. Be nice, and it'll stay. Be mean, and it'll go.