Blood:Water Mission
Compassion International
International Justice Mission

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Shhhhh

Don't tell anyone, but I'm a sinner person of foibles. I may be the last one left these days, at least since the seven deadly sins were discounted to the status of mental disorders treatable through counseling. Don't let my friends know; they may mock me.

Tags: , , ,

(NOTE: I'm not at all saying that things like counseling, or treatment for mental disorders are bad. I probably need both just for posting this. This is more a commentary on the secrecy of our lives, and the excuses we make for our actions in an attempt to distort the reality of their import and shirk our onus to overcome them.)

2 comments:

Seth Ward said...

Sin is very unpopular today. I think that it is something that needs to be re-visited by the clergy or prose-gifted.

However, to me, it feels like the most basic and simple thing in the world to get.

It's sure not fun to think about the idea of a Almighty God when you are owning up to being a sinner. You either have to come to terms with the undeserved favor of God or the the seemingly unfair state in which we were created.

euphrony said...

I wrote this while I was debating what I would be teaching on in my class this past Sunday. I had a long list of potential topics, but none stood out to me. I don't know, but something just hit me that I was sick and tired of secrecy and pretensions. So I posted this, amended it with the note, and then taught on repentance and confession as themes in the Old and New Testaments.

Yeah, it's not so comfortable to come before perfection and majesty in filthy rags and not silk finery. But it's what we have to do.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. Be nice, and it'll stay. Be mean, and it'll go.