Blood:Water Mission
Compassion International
International Justice Mission

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Music Monday: Andrew Osenga "Swing Wide the Glimmering Gates"

Andrew Osenga is maybe not a widely know artist, but he is one of the best out there. Aside from spending a lot of time with some other Andy's and having a good sense of humor, he's a fine lyricist and compelling musician. Andy is probably best know for his work with Caedmon's Call and, before that, The Normals.

Here is my favorite song from Andy O - "Swing Wide the Glimmering Gates" from his EP Letters to the Editor, Vol. 1.


I love the passion in the sentiment of this song

Swing wide the glimmering gates
Leave your pride and pain
Swing wide the glimmering gates
And be innocent again
Oh, to be innocent again; that's a place where I live and breath, forgetting the past and looking towards what is ahead.

By the way, if you like Andy's music, and this song in particular, you can get it for free. Go to his Free Page and you can download Letters to the Editor, Vol. 1 and several other songs for free - more than worth your time. Also, he has a follow-up EP, Letters to the Editor, Vol. 2, that you can download for free here. Don't miss out on some good stuff from a quality artist - take it from me, and go get it from Andy.

Tags: , , ,

5 comments:

Stephen said...

I agree, great song. Andy has recorded a full band version of this for his next project, produced by Cason Cooley (The Normals, Derek Webb, Sandra McCracken, Sixpence None the Richer), and when I heard a rough mix a couple weeks ago, it sounded great. I don't think the project has a release date set yet, but hopefully it will be out before too long.

euphrony said...

Can't wait to hear the full band version.

I heard Andy play this last year with Behold the Lamb of God (which doesn't look to be coming to my area this year). Great emotion that he puts into his music.

Cristy said...

ahem. I came here during my lunch hour to read a blog promised yesterday...???

euphrony said...

My profuse apologies, Cristy. But, sometimes, freetime isn't free.

Should be I have time to get it typed up tonight.

Cristy said...

LOL Well, I'll be back tomorrow then. Have a great evening!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. Be nice, and it'll stay. Be mean, and it'll go.