Blood:Water Mission
Compassion International
International Justice Mission

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Things you don't know about me, and probably don't really care about (but I'm telling you, anyway)

When I was around three years old I got sick and was extremely dehydrated. My parents had to put me in the hospital, the dehydration was so bad. They hooked me up to an IV, and I didn't eat anything solid for I don't know how long. My mom had to sleep with her arm draped over me; this was to keep me from getting out of bed and trying to drink from the toilet.
kid on airplane

(I only have vague memories of this event, but my parents tell this story to this day.)

Finally, the doctors said I could have some plain, dry bread to eat. I was hungry, and they said I could have BREAD! Not good enough, in my three-year old mind. So I tell my parents, in what must have been my best "I'm 3 and know it all so do what I say" voice:


Man shall not live by bread alone. So put some ham on that!
Now, I bet you all feel like you know me a little better.

FYI, I'm still just that smart. And I'm still just that much of a wisenheimer. And how many of you would use "wisenheimer" in a sentence?

Any funny stories about you as a kid?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be hilarious to hear from a 3 year old!

I had a similar instance as a kid, around the age of 5. I couldn't keep anything down and got dehydrated and had to go to the hospital for a few days. Not a funny story, just a similar event! I remember really wanting apple juice!

A funny story- a little girl in our church about 4 years old, just had an emergency appendix surgery, she's been in the hospital being poked and prodded for a couple days now. When the nurse came in to draw more blood, she ripped off her hospital bracelet and said, "I'm outta here!"

texasinafrica said...

That is an awesome story.

I can't think of any good ones for me right now, but a friend's 3-year-old daughter got a dollhouse for Christmas. When she opened it, she declared, "That's just what I needed!"

euphrony said...

Mrs. E told me last night that she's heard this story several times; but seeing in written down - it just explains so much. About me and about our kids.

Andrew Lyons said...

I remember being around 3-4 years old and I fell down the stairs on my thomas the tank engine toy. I bumped my head, and I remember my dad walking up to me and put, what I thought was a potato, on my head. Infact it was a cloth

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. Be nice, and it'll stay. Be mean, and it'll go.