Blood:Water Mission
Compassion International
International Justice Mission

Monday, August 06, 2007

Filler

I want to blog, but just don't have anything to say. So here's some filler and fluff.

Mrs. E and I had a great anniversary. Between an excellent dinner, the main magic show, and two close-up magic shows we spent over four fun-filled hours at Magic Island on Friday night. One tag line sticks with us, from a very funny magician: "Some people clap, some throw money. Others just say 'wow'." After an early-morning birthday party to Lil'E's best friend on Saturday, we all went down to Galveston and spent the afternoon on the beach. Beautiful weather and a great day. Maybe I'm just too content to have anything interesting to blog about.

Kat is starting a new get-to-know each other series, with ten questions answered by each person who responded. Watch her blog daily to learn more about the some people you may or may not know.

We've started reading Lil'E the Little House series, starting with Little House in the Big Woods. Not very far into it, yet, but thus far Lil'E has learned about slaughtering a hog, playing with the inflated bladder like a balloon, making headcheese from the hog's head, and cooking the tail. Interesting, as she will likely never do any of that in her life.

Hmmmmm, that's it.

Here's a nice picture to spruce up the bland post.

Tags:
, , ,

7 comments:

Discontented Refuge said...

nice post. I prefer to copy and paste other people's smart and witty thought for filler, but that's just me. Plus, sometimes they leave you polite comments. Neato.

erin said...

The Little House books were a huge staple of my childhood, and last year when I had to slaughter a hog, I sure was glad I had read them. :)

Chaotic Hammer said...

I really wanted to leave you a comment, but I couldn't think of anything to say. So I left this instead.

euphrony said...

I can't even think of a comment. Except wondering about Erin butchering pigs. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I used to work at PBS and I'm now in therapy as a result of seeing too much of the Happy Tree Man Show and Barney. Too much happiness is dangerous.

euphrony said...

You're not the only one who needs therapy because of Bob Ross. When I did a search for a pic of him to put here I found that some people use photoshop as therapy. Really, it's kind of sad when you can't look for pictures of Mr. Happy Trees himself without having the results come back with someone who has photoshoped him painting naked women instead of happy trees. I mean, really, can't you look for anything on the internet without someone bringing naked women into the mix? As a man, that's rather frustrating for me.

Anne said...

I just love Happy Trees. He had the best voice.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. Be nice, and it'll stay. Be mean, and it'll go.