Blood:Water Mission
Compassion International
International Justice Mission

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Music Monday: Are you ready for some football?

In honor of the recent big sporting event, I thought I would pose the question:

What is your favorite football song? Or, if not a football song, any sport song?
So, here's my answer: "Just Like Jim Brown (She is History)" by Pierce Pettis. (Who's Jim Brown? Now you know.) Who, besides a man, could write a song using football as an analogy for divorce? Who, besides Pierce Pettis, could make it melancholy and heart-wrenchingly beautiful? Listen to the song and tell me that it isn't a great piece of art - I dare ya'!


You can watch a live performance of "Just Like Jim Brown" here.

So, any other favorites out there? I mean, besides something from Hank Williams, Jr.?


Tags: , , ,

3 comments:

texasinafrica said...

Bobby Bare, "Drop Kick Me, Jesus"

euphrony said...

TiA, a true classic.

Amy said...

Uh, I don't really know any football songs, I guess. ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. Be nice, and it'll stay. Be mean, and it'll go.