Blood:Water Mission
Compassion International
International Justice Mission

Monday, August 21, 2006

I am so smart, s-m-r-t


There is a clip from The Simpson's that I love to hear occasionally. Homer is going around, rather proud of himself, singing "I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t, I mean s-m-a-r-t". That is me, today. I am a reasonably intelligent man, and rather tech-savvy. So why did it take me three months of blogging to figure out that I was moderating comments and had no clue I was doing it!?!? I believe the only thing I can say is "arrgh!" and "doh!". I sit here writing with some difficulty, because there is egg on my face and the yolks are interfering with my vision of the computer screen.

From this day forward, moderation is officially turned off, and the couple of back comments have been approved and published (dating back two months to late June, arrgh!).

Tags: , , ,

7 comments:

euphrony said...

Kat, if not for the kindness of strangers . . .

To the whole world, I say it was indeed Kat who clued me in on my mis-moderation of comments in a comment on The Chaotic Hammer's blog. Though it shames me, as a man, to say this - a woman taught me something about the web.

I will now scuttle off with my tail between my legs and nurse my wounded pride.

Chaotic Hammer said...

In all fairness, if you're gonna be schooled by anyone about the web, Kat's a pretty darn good one to be doing it. :-)

euphrony said...

Still nursing my wounded pride. You're jab at being a bear didn't help, though. Now all my Aggie friends will laugh at me and call me names. And I guess I can forget about being picked for any reindeer games anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

It's true. Kat can bring it. And don't feel bad, Bears have a natural tendency to make others appear foolish.

But speaking of foolish, I totally identify with your Homer moment. Sometimes I'm so stupid that I think it's a mirace that I survived to adulthood. In the animal world, I would have gotten myself eaten long ago. For instance, why for the love of cake do I keep trying to open the refrigerator with the hand holding the cup while pouring koolade into it with the other hand? And why, no matter the fact that I have failed every time, am I still upset when I spill? Answer? I am so smart, s-m-r-t smart!

Seth Ward said...

I think my Dad is the only Southern Baptist Preacher I know that uses Homer Simpson quotes from the pulpit. I love this one.

euphrony said...

I'm the kind of guy who tries to do too many things at the same time, also. For example, when I bring in the groceries I will carry them all in at the same time - whether it is two bags or twenty bags, a package of toilet paper, a package of paper towels, and a couple of cases of cokes. I will not waste a second trip on this.

I can't tell you how many dropped/exploding cokes I've seen in my time, or the marks left on my hands from carrying everything at once. But I still do it (and my wife laughs the whole time).

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, "I feel you." I do it too. It's stupid, and we know that, but I can't honestly say that I'll never try to pour koolade while opening the fridge again. Nor can I say I won't carry too many bags again. Nor can I say I won't spend the time to make my lunch at night only to forget it in the morning. I just read your latest post, and these two really do go together. I'm a little bit more difficult to take seriously while wearing koolade. Amen, brother.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. Be nice, and it'll stay. Be mean, and it'll go.